A little while ago a fellow blogger and I were discussing the idea of starting a new award: “The Whiskey Award” – an award with a difference. It would have no obligations and rules attached to it whatsoever. It would be nothing more nor less than the equivalent of having a drink with a fellow journey(wo)man – a little clink of amber to say hello.
Perhaps the Sisterhood award is – with the exception of the rules part – the Whiskey Award’s equivalent: an opportunity to say hello to some brilliant fellow WordPress bloggers.
So… I will start with a toast and a thank you to three wonderful bloggers who have nominated my blog for this award. To Lessons in French, thank you for sharing your lessons in conversation with life. To SIM | ANTICS a big thank you for your many hats 😉 and tongue-in-cheek takes on life, culture and technology. And, finally to Nina Kaytel thank you for the support you offer to all fellow writers on this journey to becoming better versions of ourselves.
~ Ten questions and my answers ~
- Your favourite colour: Sunset orange.
- Your favourite animal: I do not have one, but would love to see a platypus.
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink: Think — British!
- Facebook or Twitter: The latter – having a little too much fun impersonating a secret agent. #VB009 if you are curious 😉
- Your favourite pattern: …cobwebs.
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? I used to spend all my pocket money on Christmas presents for my family. The surprise and delight on their faces: nothing could make me happier.
- Your favourite number: Fibonacci.
- Your favourite day of the week: Is there a full moon?
- Your favourite flower: Peonies.
- What is your passion? To question. To think. To write. To act. To dance. To imagine… If I had only one, I doubt I would’ve made it here 🙂
~ My nominees ~
This is the most difficult part for any award. How does one choose? My nominees are each wonderful in their own way. I will share with you the first line of their latest post for you to get a flavour of their work.
A Cup Of English Tea A Most Unjust Representation: Life as a Hufflepuffist So most of my good friends know I’m a strong feminist, and I fight to try to end misrepresentations and injustices against women. But what many don’t know is that there is another cause that also sparks my anger when it comes to the obvious inequality that I see in the media and in the world. 1,193 more words
Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends Boys and their toys Does this look like a traffic jam? It sure is. Traffic jam inside a house because of the number of cars, of all sizes, that are trying to vie for attention of my nephew. 30 more words
AlienoraJT Precious imperfection Can do no wrong? What a strange idea! I love those dear to my heart for their gritty imperfections, their oyster roughness – and the sweet glittering pearls within; I adore, and celebrate, their flawed humanity. 277 more words
Rarasaur For Fear of Bizarro Gotham City: There’s a new collective blog in town, and we’re keeping it real. It’s my turn, and I decided to share with you a tale of a magic cleaning supply I once created. 71 more words
She Is NOT A Poet *Insert Relationship Status Here* “Nah, we’re not together, we just talk.” Talk? I guess that’s what we call the “get to know each other” stage now. But these days, everyone gets so far off script somehow. 139 more words
~The Rules ~
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.